미래창조과학부 글로벌프론티어 (재)멀티스케일 에너지 시스템 연구단은 나노기술과 에너지 기술의 융합을 통하여 혁신적 미래 광에너지와 분자에너지 원천기술 개발을 목표로 하는 멀티스케일 에너지 시스템 연구사업을 추진하고 있습니다. 연구단에서는 격주로 멀티스케일 에너지 강좌를 개최합니다. 관심 있는 분들의 많은 참석 바랍니다.
1. 제 목 : Superior Metal-Free Counter Electrodes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
2. 연 사 : 이재준 교수 (건국대학교 나노기술연구센터)
3. 일 시 : 2014년 3월 21일 (금) 오후 17:00 ~ 18:00
4. 장 소 : 서울대학교 신공학관(301동) 117호 세미나실
5. 내 용 :
Abstract : Highly efficient counter electrodes (CEs) for dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) were developed using thin films of scalable and high quality, nitrogen-doped graphene nanoplatelets (NGnP), which was synthesized by a simple two-step reaction sequence. The resultant NGnP was deposited on fluorine-doped SnO2 (FTO)/glass substrates by using electrospray (e-spray) coating, and their electrocatalytic activities were systematically evaluated for Co(bpy)33+/2+ redox couple in DSSCs with an organic sensitizer. The e-sprayed NGnP thin films exhibited outstanding performances as CEs for DSSCs. The optimized NGnP electrode showed better electrochemical stability under prolonged cycling potential, and its Rct at the interface of the CE/electrolyte decreased down to 1.73 Ω cm2, a value much lower than that of the Pt electrode (3.15 Ω cm2). The DSSC with the optimized NGnP-CE had higher fill factor (FF, 74.2%) and cell efficiency (9.05%), whereas those of the DSSC using Pt-CE were only 70.6 and 8.43%, respectively. To our best knowledge, the extraordinarily better current-voltage characteristcs of the DSSC-NGnP outperforming the DSSC-Pt for the Co(bpy)33+/2+ redox couple (in paticular, FF and short circuit current, Jsc) is highlighted for the first time.
6. 약 력 : Jae-Joon Lee received his Ph.D. in Electrochemistry from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, in 2000. Before joining Department of Applied Chemistry, Konkuk University, Korea, as professor in 2004, he worked at California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, as a post doctoral fellow from 2000 to 2004 in the Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. Currently, he is the director of Naotechnology Research Center (Konkuk University) and also serving as the Secretary of General Affairs in the Korean Electrochemical Society (KECS) and the Managing Director of the Korean Society of Organic Solar Cells.
문 의 : 멀티스케일 에너지 시스템 연구단 연구지원본부 (☏ 889-6669,6670)
남기태 교수 (재료공학부), 최만수 교수 (기계항공공학부)